View All Vacancies
ISS - Technical Infrastructure Group
£33,518 to £38,832
Wednesday 13 December 2017
Tuesday 19 December 2017
Lancaster is a Top Ten University within a beautiful campus location, not far from the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Bowland Fells. We offer a comprehensive set of benefits encompassing competitive salaries, pension provision, good work-life balance, training opportunities and staff recognition schemes.
We’re passionate about education, research, our people and all things digital. We’re looking for someone who shares our passions to take up a role in our award winning subsidiary company, Lancaster University Network Services.
You will be working alongside expert staff in our Technical Infrastructure Group, based in our stunning building on the campus at the University.
What you will do here
Working in our award winning Telecommunications Company, Lancaster University Network Services Ltd (LUNS), you will work with and maintain key technologies including a suite of ISP services provided to over 100,000 users across Cumbria & Lancashire, a hosted Virtual Learning Environment
(VLE) provided to educational intuitions, charities & commercial organisations, Public WiFi systems deployed at various customer sites as well as maintaining LUNS internal monitoring & support systems.
A passion for education, a great team, a great place to live and work, digital vision, challenges that are interesting and rewarding.
• Experience of the administration of Linux systems in an enterprise environment
• Working knowledge of the major components of a modern hosting environment
• A degree, professional qualification or relevant, extensive career experience
• Enthusiasm and a demonstrated ability for problem-solving including the ability to prioritise tasks
• Excellent analytical, technical and communications skills
• Ability to maintain high levels of professional conduct
You may also have
• Knowledge & experience of High Availability (HA) technologies
• A working knowledge of firewall and access control systems and associated technologies
• Read this far? We salute you, most would have zoned out by now, but, a good sys admin never gives up ‘till the job is done.
We particularly welcome applications from women for this role in order to increase our staff diversity in this part of the University.
The closing date for this job opportunity has now passed, and applications are no longer being accepted for this position
Lancaster University - ensuring equality of opportunity and celebrating diversity