To comply with new EU laws regarding "cookies", we have updated our Terms and Conditions and provided a detailed description of how cookies work and are used on this website.  By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to those updated Terms and Conditions.
This notice should appear only the first time you visit the site.

Applying from Overseas

International staff, from sixty-nine countries, constitute over one third of our academic staff, while international students, from one hundred countries, form well over half of our graduate school.

If you are not a British national or a national from the EEA (European Econonic Area), you may require permission to work and live in the UK.

There are various ways in which permission can be granted and you should click here for more information.

If you require a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS), (previously Work Permit) under the UK Immigration Points-Based System (PBS) Lancaster University may apply for this on your behalf.  However, only certain vacancies are eligible for a CoS and you will be advised when applying if it is unlikely that permission to work would be granted by UK Visa and Immigation.

Please remember that the final decision as to whether you can live and work in the UK is made by UK Visa and Immigration. 

On appointment, we offer relocation allowances (grade 6 & above) and have engaged the services of a relocation partner (HCR Ltd) to assist with international relocations.

Email / Username


Forgotten Details     Register
Athena Swan - Charter for Women in Science HR Excellence in Research Disabled Go Positive About Disabled People Equality Counts Lancaster University Partner Logos