Skip to main content

Applying from Overseas

International staff, from sixty-nine countries, constitute over one third of our academic staff, while international students, from one hundred countries, form well over half of our graduate school.

If you are not a British national, you may require permission to work and live in the UK.

There are various ways in which permission can be granted and you should click here for more information.

If you require a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS), (previously Work Permit) under the UK Immigration Points-Based System (PBS) Lancaster University may apply for this on your behalf.  However, only certain vacancies are eligible for a CoS and you will be advised when applying if it is unlikely that permission to work would be granted by UK Visa and Immigration.

Please remember that the final decision as to whether you can live and work in the UK is made by UK Visa and Immigration. 

Relocation Allowances

On appointment, we offer relocation allowances (Grade 6 & above) and have engaged the services of a relocation partner (Sterling Lexicon) to assist with international relocations.

Please click here for additional information relating to visa reimbursement for skilled worker, Global Talent and Indefinite leave to remain application costs.

Please click here for additional information relating to interest free loans to assist with UK visa fees.

Stonewall Global Diversity Champions Athena Swan - Charter for Women in Science Lancaster University Partner Logos
Lancaster University Partner Logos